Skip to main content

Soul Cleanse Sundays: A Safe Space for ALL women of Color

" I wish there were places I felt safe to break in mote often. There are far and few. Sometimes between them I feel this swelling climbing up my throat and think this is it. Its too late to make it and so I crumble. Never forgetting that breaking is never beautiful. Its tears, blood and sweat. God I wish I wasn't so good at hiding my pain as poetry and prose.

I wish I was better at planting confidence to grow into wings. But I plant doubt. I am mean to myself. I plant emptiness and so I never really become anything but an impostor. Nothing but an anxious shell of a pretender. Just an actress with a really good script for a strong woman. A brilliant one."

I wrote this scribble in September 2017, a time in which my entire life felt like one big break. I was fragile and raw desperate for a place were I would be allowed to break in and where I would still be seen as a warrior even if I did. So when I did not find that place I decided to create it. One of the many goals I have set for my 2018 is to grow and heal deliberately. Of course you might ask what does that mean? It means that in order to be deliberate about my growth I have to be honest with myself about my weaknesses and my strengths and address them. I have to be intentional about identifying my wounds, my broken places, my sicknesses, cleaning them up, resetting bones, bandaging them up, tending to them and allowing them to really heal, in healthy ways.

So this event is an invitation to join me on that journey. Soul Cleanse Sundays its held every last Sunday of the Month and will be a space for women of color to do some deliberate healing. It is also a space for us to create healthy networks and relationships in which we can find ourselves able to break and still be seen as warriors. For us to redefine strong womanhood, not as carrying everyone's burden but as being well enough to carry ourselves. For us to pour into ourselves. The first session is this weekend is hosted by Namast'ay Fitness Studio who are our partners on this amazing initiative, we will begin the session with meditation and yoga set followed by a conversation to help us set intentions for our deliberate growth and healing through the rest of the sessions.

Although I want to make this accessible to all women there are some costs that go into putting the sessions together and tickets will vary throughout the year but this session is costed at 150. If you can afford to please do let us know if you would like to buy an extra ticket for us to give away to other women who cannot afford to buy tickets. This way we can all make it inclusive. Speaking of which, this is a safe space for ALL women, including queer women and trans women. It is a no homophobia, transphobia, sexism, ableism, classism, or racism zone.

We are also trying to enviromentally friendly in support of Namast'ay Fitness' wholesome sustainable approach to life. Therefore this space will not have any meat products neither will we have alcohol available. We will also have a digital set up for ticketing soon but in the meantime, Please email Jamillahmoyo@yahoo.com or whatsapp 72263964 to get payment options and be added to our guest list. This event requires you PrePay as we have only 10 slots available this month.

If you would like to partner with Us please do drop me an email via Jamillahmoyo@yahoo.com


Comments

  1. I have been lucky enough to work with Mr Pedro, and their team recently organized an amazing experience for granting me a loan of 760,000.00 Euros at the low rate of 2% rate in return, they give any kind of loan financing. If you are looking for a loan that offers internationally without credit check then Mr Pedro is the right person for you to contact and his amazing team but also takes a real time to check on their website and their service. Mr Pedro Office Email Address: pedroloanss@gmail.com In Financial Services! This is for you. Thank you for caring so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2. A Letter to my crush

Dear Crush, I don't want to write this. This letter would remind me too much of how we began in endless possibilities and ended in Nothing.  I've got a thing for boys who read books, speak multiple languages and smell good. You are all of those. But it seems I've also got a taste for men with no taste for me. Do I taste dull? Do I taste stale while you taste like candy floss? Soft and sweet but so incredibly unhealthy. So incredibly unhealthy how many times you want to be just friends while your hand is in my pants and there's tequila in my breath. I use to think you were awesome and it makes me sad to watch your light flicker the faster I run away. I wanted to be friends. But you lied. I can't stand lies. Not when I'm giving you all of myself. I can't stand lies. Not when I'm giving all of myself. _ Nothing

A love letter to my home village Kasane.

Dear Favorite place.  I'm coming home in december.  It has been four years but  I remember the way the green of the north is different from the green of the south.  The air is cooler up there right at the corner of Botswana.  My dad called today and said " Hi pumpkin, I'm in the middle of nowhere right in that corner of Botswana"  and I knew he was almost home.  And I know its 1000 Kilometers of not quite so tarred road.  And just 45 minutes of flight away.  But I'll take the long way.  So I can see it outside my window as I get closer.  You see just after francistown you can't really tell.  But right after Nata the worst part of the road you can tell you're in the Chobe.  You can smell it in the air. You can see it in that northern Green you Don't get anywhere else.  And you can see it in the white sands.  By now the elephants have come to play.  I can always tell who isn't from around here by how scared

Two Letters and a Sad Story

She’ll do anything not to remember when they were together because it hurts too much to remember. So she sat down and wrote two letters. First she wrote about the love they shared. She wrote it all, from the first time she saw him to the moment he left to the weeks after. How he is everywhere, because they were everywhere. Even in her favourite restaurant and tub of bar one ice cream. It ends with “how do I live without him?” She burnt it. The second letter is Simple. “I don’t know happiness. I knew you. I’m sorry” They found it rumpled in her back pocket when they cut her body loose.